Amphibia: Snow Day
September 1, 2021 6:16 PM - Season 1, Episode 27 - Subscribe
Once a year the entire town of Wartwood freezes over for a night and the whole town hibernates, and each time someone disappears and is never seen again. But this year they have Anne, who's warm-blooded, to watch out for everyone.
- This is an important episode to Anne's character development. She's already stood up to the toads for the town's sake, now she's watching over them during hibernation.
- We begin with Anne bringing omelette technology to Amphibia.
- Sprig's siren gimmick is hilarious.
- "Today is the third morning in a row where the temperature dipped below the Frog Line!" The... frog line?
- The frogs just hibernating instantly in cold weather is something that is forgotten later on, at the second temple.
- "hello! I'm warm blooded!" "That's gross Anne."
- "Wow, you've gone from town beast to town protector! Big fan of that narrative."
- It seems that hibernation also has a rejuvenating quality for the frogs, and also Sprig, who Anne thawed early, is kind of woozy because of it. "I's awake yes?"
- Anne: "Time for a little protector duty! Let's do a head count, make sure everyone's still here." Sprig (still woozy): "You got it! ...am I still here?"
- Townsfolk names heard here for the first time: Tom, Jill, Cashmere the Soft.
- Polly turns up missing, abducted by snow weasels. Sprig: "Something wrong with Polly?" Anne: "YES, Sprig! She's gone! This is all my fault. We gotta get her back!" Sprig: "All right! Is something wrong with Polly?"
- "You know, no matter how long I'm in this world, I'll never get used to the piles of bones just lying around."
- Hop Pop: "This is the first year no one disappeared!" Polly: "All because of you!"Hop Pop: "Happy Hiber Day everyone!" (cheering) Sprig: "Hey everyone! Check out these funny photos we took!" Hop Pop: "...did you use our frozen bodies as bowling pins?"
- Predators of the episode: Snow weasel and weasel kittens
- From the backpack: hoodie jacket with school insignia, knitted cap