From Minecraft Wiki
July 1, 2013
|Other editions of 1.6.1|
1.6.1, the first release of the Horse Update, was a major update to Minecraft Java Edition, which added many new features including horses, leads, coal blocks, carpets, new commands, resource packs and a new launcher.
- Can be placed in all orientations
- Crafted with wheat in a 3x3 arrangement
- Crafted with 2 colors of wool in a horizontal line, yields 3 carpets
- Can be placed on any block (even translucent ones)
- Dyed Terracotta
- Was called Stained Clay in this update
- Comes in 16 colors, one for each dye.
- Similar to wool.
- Made by surrounding any dye with terracotta
- Crafted with 3x3 coal.
- Crafted only with coal, not charcoal.
- Can be used as furnace fuel and smelts 80 items, more than 9 coal (72 smelted items).
- Exist in diamond, iron and gold variants
- Cannot be crafted. Can only be found in most types of generated chests, including in Dungeons, Nether Fortresses, Desert Temples, and Jungle Temples
- Works like any other spawn egg
- Just like naturally spawned Horses, these Horses will have one of seven base colors and one of five variations of markings
- Sometimes a Donkey will be spawned instead
- Can be used to bind mobs to fences or lead them around
- Right click mob first, then right-click fence or right-click the mob again to get the leash back
- Crafted with 4 string and 1 slimeball, yields 2 leads
- Found in dungeon chests
- Name it in an anvil, then right click a mob to name it.
- Creation assisted & inspired by DrZhark's Mo' Creatures mod
- To tame, ride them and get thrown off a few times until hearts appear
- Can be bred using Golden Apples & Golden Carrots
- Drop Leather when killed
- Health can be restored using Bread, Sugar, Hay Bales, Wheat, Apples, Golden Apples & Golden Carrots
- Baby Horses can be grown the same way
- Players riding saddled Horses are granted full control over the Horse's movement
- Color, style, maximum health, jump height and speed vary between Horses
- Open your inventory, right click a Horse or press the inventory key while holding LSHIFT and looking at a Horse to access their inventory to deal with their storage, armor and saddle
- Rarely spawn in small groups
- Like horses, but smaller and gray, and can carry chests with 15 slots on their saddles
- Obtained by breeding a horse with a donkey
- Can wear chests on their saddles, just like donkeys
- Not breedable with horses, donkeys, or other mules
- Skeleton and Zombie Horses
- Introduced as the code of the normal Horse, although require third-party modifications to be used in the game. There is no current use at this time.
- Gives player 4 () "absorption" health that cannot be replenished by natural regeneration or other effects, but would return every 30 seconds, regardless of the state of the rest of the health bar; absorption health vanishes when the effect ends
- Can be acquired ingame by the command /effect <playername> 22 <duration in seconds> <amplifier> or by eating either tier of Golden Apple
- Spreads certain players from an origin point
- Has a Max Spread and Minimum Distance from player to player
- Can be used with the teams scoreboard functionality to spread team members to the same location
- Can use to play sound to player
- Can change the pitch and/or volume
- Can use sound from resource pack
- Toggles natural health regeneration
- Toggles the day-night cycle (the sun stops moving and stays where it is)
- Resource pack system
- Replaces the texture pack system
- A conversion tool which converts texture packs into resource packs was released by Dinnerbone and is available here.
- New "missing texture" texture
- Attribute system
- Item attributes using NBT tags:
- Attributes can be additive, subtractive and multiplicative using a set value
- Some items have default modifiers in place of previously hard-coded attributes
- Examples of possible changes players could make: A bow that slows the holder, a helm that buffs health, etc.
- Entity attributes:
- These properties can now be changed as easily as any other NBT attribute
- Entity speed, base health, base attack
- Other properties like weapon damage/bow draw speed/sword swing speed are yet to follow
- Splash screens
- "What's up Doc?"
- Retextured subtly, it now has a border around it
- Now give out a signal for Cauldrons and End Portal frames depending on their state
- Cauldrons give from zero signal (empty) to three signal strength (full) depending on water inside
- End Portal frame varies between zero and fifteen signal strength, depending on if an Eye of Ender is present
- Can no longer be mined or destroyed in Survival mode
- Now decays properly
- Retextured, with more brown shading to differentiate from coal
- You can now put a saddle on a horse
- Golden apples now require gold ingots instead of gold nuggets to craft
- Golden apples now give Regeneration II for 10 seconds and both tiers give Absorption for 1 min 30 seconds
- Glistering melons now require 8 gold nuggets
- Spawn eggs work on water
- Now loses durability when igniting TNT
- All mobs
- Mobs named "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" are now flipped upside down
- Now spawn in groups again
- Now have a small chance to spawn additional zombies when damaged or not being looked at
- Able to lock onto the player from 40 blocks away (formerly 16 blocks).
- Mobbing zombies can now move when further than 32 blocks from player
- Now have sounds for trading, getting hurt and other things
- Now have a chance to spawn with potion effects
- No longer contain water lakes
- Added chest generation in Nether Fortresses
- Riding mounts
- When riding a mob, its health is on the Heads-up display
- When riding on an entity, dismounting has changed from right-clicking the entity to using the Sneak key (⇧ Left Shift by default)
- Boat controls have been changed from the A, S, and D keys to mouse control
- Respiration enchantment
- Now also helps seeing underwater
- Changed the idea of mob difficulty
- Regional difficulty: The longer you spend in one area, the harder it gets
- Scales with difficulty - items, enchants or AI improve with difficulty
- Added extra tooltip info in the search tab for the creative inventory, which shows what category a block/item is in
- Tooltips for swords, pickaxes, shovels, axes, and potions show how much damage the sword/tool does and what effect a potion will give
- Balanced to improve gameplay
- Natural health regeneration now costs hunger points/saturation points
- Creative mode
- It is no longer possible to break blocks with swords in Creative mode
- Support for Java 5 and PowerPC users will be dropped
- If you have a PowerPC based computer and/or Java 5 installed, a warning will be shown at the main menu.
- Internal chat system
- Lots of messages should be translated now that were not previously
- Messages are now better modularized
- Server messages can be sent by their code-defined name, allowing the client to utilize the correct translation according to their language settings
- Color can be specifically designated, preventing leakage into further messages
- Updated language files and fixed missing strings
- Increases performance and stability
- Minecraft game icon changed to a crafting table, presumably to differentiate between game and launcher
- Allows LWJGL to be updated, fixing many launcher bugs
- Supports multiple versions/installs
- Self updatable.
- New password storing system
- More user friendly.
- A major step towards the Plugin API.
- New authentication system - "Yggdrasil", which is more secure and has more features
- If downloaded for free, it'll only let you play the demo world.
- Accounts are mandatory.
- Minecraft Realms
- Added handling of invitations
- Added resetting realm with one of provided realm templates
- Added viewing backups for a realm and the ability to restore them
- Added setting the owner of a realm as game master operator
- Added confirmation screens for various actions such as deleting a realm
- Ability to leave someone else’s realm that previously accepted invitation for
- Fixed game mode and game difficulty issue
- Minor GUI fixes for better usability
- – Ping packet doesn't include host information
- – 'doFiretick' makes fire to not extinguish. Lighting makes fire all over the place!
- – Keyboard Unresponsive on OS X
- – Teleporting to Large Numbers Creates a Broken Error
- – Command block choosing wrong people / Selecting players cross-dimensional
- – Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space
- – Running at a high resolution causes large portions of the screen to be UNCLICKABLE
- – Minecarts with Furnace consume coal in creative mode
- – Death messages in english regardless of the selected language (Multiplayer)
- – Beacon Block Incorrect Texture When Surrounded by Blocks
- – Mouse "Back" and "Forward" open menu in windowed mode.
/whitelist listdoesn't display the full list of players
– Server command "
- – Mobs spawn and then quickly despawn in peaceful. Looks like the "ender-porting-out-of-water" effect.
- – Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else
- – Damaged Anvils do not show damage in inventory or item frame
- – Console command and set console for block in Command Block merges when in windowed mode
- – Zombie villagers are able to despawn during curing process
- – You can't get "The End?" achievement
- – Sleeping while in a minecart produces a graphical glitch
PersistenceRequiredtag freezes mobs
- – Jack-o-lantern name is mis-punctuated
- – Squid taking damage while in water
- – Hard to spawn squid
- – Regular skeleton's melee damage is unaffected by the sword type
- – Unable to play game unless LWJGL is manually replaced
- – Boats/Minecarts and Ender Pearls don't mix
- – Placing water source into some blocks yields no drops
- – 3D Anaglyph biome color corruption
- – After the last use of a bow you get a glitch bow that when dropped and picked up again duplicates
- – Death counter does not update
- – Lava decay fails to schedule block update
- – Skeletons attacking like zombies when hit in creative
- – Ctrl + Alt + Esc crashes minecraft
- – Brewing stand feet's sides are transparent when placed against a wall
mobGriefing" is set to false
– Silverfish breaking blocks when "
- – Switching from windowed to fullscreen and back moves the point of view
- – Splash potions particles are incorrect
- – /scoreboard syntax missing (/help scoreboard)
- – Argument "team" do not work with "!" for other players
- – Cactus texture error when near a wall
- – In multiplayer screen holding shift and pressing "down" without selecting any server crashes the game
- – Can't use scroll wheel in crash reports
- – Item count / numbers randomly flickering in item bar, inventory, workbench
- – Eye of Ender does not always lead to the nearest Stronghold
- – Scoreboard problem with "seeFriendlyInvisibles"
- – Memory leak switching texture packs
- – 1.5 HD Texture pack stitched images greater than 2048 resolution results in massive performance drops.
- – Certain death message will print "null" as the player/mob name that caused the death
- – Command Blocks breaking easily in survival
- – Can get permanently stuck in a minecart in a nether portal
- – Minecart collision boxes are briefly positioned wrong
- – Minecarts off track float
- – Sitting in minecart is higher than it should be
- – Minecart hit box too large
- – New Client and Server Outputs Increase Loading Time
- – Zombies with increased health don't deal damage
- – Pick block from inventory in creative doesn't preserve size of stacks
- – Minecraft can't handle 4096x4096 or larger cloud textures
- – Stacked Entity Spawner creating mass duplicate ghost entities
- – Wither is still named "Withern" in German
- – Cannot use resolution clock and compass textures with resolutions higher than 16x16
- – Receiving very high amount of damage at once creates ghost mode in multiplayer
- – Achievement "We Need to Go Deeper" rewarded for going through an End Portal
- – Entities other than the player can't leave the end
- – When under resistance effects above 5, /kill command does not work.
- – lang files for en_US is gramaticly incorrect at death.fell.finish.item
- – No error report when minecraft crashes
- – Freezes When Moving
- – Fire Animation Jumps and skips frames.
- – Sticky and unregistering keys during normal Minecraft play only, AMD processor driver conflict?
- – Text misplaced on Direct connect, Rename World screen
- – Shift clicking on the destroy item button in multiplayer doesn't work.
- – Crash when language file of currently selected language is missing
- – If a team name has "-" in it, the argument for seeing if anyone is in the team doesn't work
- – Instant health effect set to a 29, 61, 93...253 value kills any player without any death message